Please follow the below steps to ensure proper usage:
- Check that the thermometer lens is perfectly clean. If in doubt, clean with a cotton swab slightly moistened with rubbing alcohol. After cleaning, wait 30 minutes before taking a new measurement.
- Check that there is no hair, sweat, cream or any other cosmetic product on the forehead surface.
- Make sure the thermometer is at the same ambient temperature as the person who is taking the measurement for at least 30 minutes.
- Please replace the batteries with new non-rechargeable batteries.
- Please be sure not to press the measurement button until the probe is steady and within 1.18 inches (3 cm) from the center of the forehead.
If the above procedure does not help, please provide a little more information about your product and setup, so we could look into the issue further:
- Which iHealth product or device are you using (product name/model number)?
- When and where did you purchase the device?
- What is the order number?
- What is the lot number or serial number (SN) of the device?