What you need
- A compatible smartphone connected to the WiFi network on which you want to install the scale.
- A WiFi router / internet box. See characteristics required for the router / internet box.
- The iHealth MyVitals app (one account for each user).
Installation of the HS5 scale on the WiFi network
- Download the free iHealth MyVitals app on the Play Store then create your iHealth account.
- Pull out the tab for battery protection at the back of battery compartment. The message SET must be displayed on the scale.
Note - If the SET message does not appear, open the battery compartment, remove and replace a battery and press the SET button for a few seconds until SET is displayed on the scale with the configuration wheel icon.
- Connect the scale to your smartphone by Bluetooth. To do this, go to the Bluetooth menu on your smartphone and pair the HS5 scale.
- Once the scale has been paired by Bluetooth, start the iHealth MyVitals app and sign in to your account.
- Go to MENU > Set up my devices > Select a new device > Scales > HS5.
- Click Next until you find your HS5 scale.
- Select your HS5 scale and press Connect a device.
- Enter your case sensitive WiFi password then press OK.
- The WiFi icon starts flashing on the scale. Once the WiFi connection is established, the WiFi icon will display steady and the message SET disappears and is replaced by 0.0.
- A user number (from 1 to 20) is assigned to you. You can find your user number by going to MENU > Set up my devices > HS5 (the scale must be connected to the app). Remember this number, as it will be used to identify you during offline measurements if several users registered on the scale have approximately the same weight (within +/-3kg).
The scale is installed and you can begin taking measurements.
Note - The Bluetooth connection is only used for installing the scale on the WiFi network. Once the WiFi configuration has been established, Bluetooth is deactivated on the scale. It is therefore normal to see the "disconnected" status on the front of the HS5 scale in your smartphone's Bluetooth menu.
*credit to Sylvain of iHealth Labs EU