An Offline measurement is a measurement made without the iHealth MyVitals app open on your smartphone and account.
Before being able to make Offline measurements, you must have connected your blood pressure monitor and activated the Offline measurement function.
How to activate the Offline measurement function
- Connect your blood pressure monitor to your smartphone. See How do I install my iHealth Feel blood pressure monitor?
- Once your blood pressure monitor is connected to your smartphone, in the iHealth MyVitals app, go to MENU > Configure my devices > BP5 xxxxxx > Activate the Offline measurement function.
Preparation for a measurement
To ensure reliable measurements, please follow the precautions for use.
- Relax for 5 minutes before taking a measurement.
- Sit comfortably in a quiet place, feet flat on the floor, without crossing your legs.
- Place the cuff on your arm at the same level as your heart.
- Place your hand, with the palm facing up, on a flat surface such as a table.
- Don't talk and don't move for the entire measurement.
- Breathe normally.
- Press the START/STOP button on the blood pressure monitor.
Note - You can interrupt the measurement at any time by pressing the START/STOP button on the blood pressure monitor.
The cuff inflates and deflates automatically. When measurement is complete, the blood pressure and pulse rate are recorded in the blood pressure monitor's memory. To view the results of Offline measurements, you must synchronize your blood pressure monitor with the iHealth MyVitals app.
*credit to Sylvain of iHealth Labs EU