1. Use a soft and dry cloth to clean the thermometer display and exterior. The thermometer is mainly for home use, if use for multiple patients, please clean the device in between uses per the following steps:
a. Use an alcohol swab or cotton tissue moistened with alcohol (70% isopropyl) to clean the ear thermometer housing thoroughly. The wiping process preferably lasts 15 seconds.
b. Allow at least 5 minutes drying time before taking a temperature.
c. After cleaning, if the device is not visually clean when observed with magnification and adequate lighting, please repeat the cleaning steps above.
Note 1: The above cleaning steps have been validated according to the FDA Guidance, “Reprocessing Medical Devices in Health Care Settings: Validation Methods and Labeling”.
Note 2: The product is not waterproof. Make sure that no liquid enters the interior of the device. Do not use abrasive cleaners, thinners ,or benzene for cleaning, and never submerge the device in water or other liquids.
2. The probe is the most delicate part of the thermometer. It must be kept clean and intact to ensure accurate readings. If the infrared sensor is dirty, please wipe the surface of the probe gently with 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes. If you have questions on how to clean the device, please contact our customer service.
Do not wipe with toilet paper or paper towels.
3. The device must not be stored or used at an excessively high or low temperature or humidity (see technical data), in sunlight, in association with an electrical current, or in dusty locations. Avoid dropping or subjecting the product to external forces. Otherwise inaccuracies can occur.
4. Do not put the thermometer under direct sunlight, high temperature, or moist environments. Do not allow it to come into contact with re-vibration or harsh vibrations.
5. If the ear thermometer is not going to be used for a long time, the batteries should be removed.
6. If the symbol "" appears on the screen, it means that the batteries are low and need to be replaced as soon as possible.
7. The device is made of custom chips and sensors with reliable performance and quality. When running into product issues that you cannot resolve by yourself, please contact our customer service.
8. No individuals or agencies have been authorized to carry out maintenance and repair. Do not attempt to disassemble or modify the thermometer even if you suspect malfunction of the device.
9. The thermometer is a high-precision device. Any improper maintenance, disassembly, or modification may lead to reduced measurement accuracy.
10. If the device is accidentally dropped, please check it to make sure it is not damaged. When in doubt, please contact customer service for help.
11. The thermometer is initially calibrated at the time of manufacture. If this thermometer is used according to the instructions for use, periodic re-adjustment is not required. If any time you doubt the accuracy of measurement during the warranty period, please contact customer service.
12. The device is not self-serviceability. PCB diagrams, component part list, and repair instructions can be provided to qualified technicians to repair those parts of the device that are designated as repairable.
13. The method for verifying the clinical accuracy of the thermometer can be provided at request; please contact our customer service.
14. Do not directly touch the probe with your fingers or blow on it. Measurements taken using a damaged or dirty IR probe may be inaccurate.