Instructions for use
1. Install 2x AAA batteries
Press down and hold the battery cover with your finger and apply some force to slide the cover backwards to open the battery compartment. Refer to the battery polarity symbols to orient the batteries properly during installation. Make sure that the new batteries are correctly installed in the battery compartment and that the batteries' polarities are correct. Put the battery cover back on to close the battery compartment.
After powering on and performing the initial self-test, the thermometer will automatically detect and display the battery level. (Please ignore the battery level indicator during power-on and self-test.)
Note: The thermometer is supplied with two 1.5 V type AAA (FR 03) batteries. For best performance, we recommend FR03 batteries.
2. Attach a probe cover To achieve accurate measurements, make sure a new, clean probe cover is put in place before each measurement.
When attaching a new probe cover, please make sure that the probe cover presses against the probe cover detection point at the bottom of the thermometer probe.
3. Power on and self-check
Press the Power On/Measure button, and the ear thermometer will power on with an accompanying beep. The device will first run a self-check, and all on-screen icon will be displayed during the check. If the device completes the self-check successfully, it will be ready for use. The device will not be usable if any of the following conditions occurs:
(1) No replaceable probe cover attached
If the probe cover did not get installed correctly, a fault will be detected, and the corresponding icon will be displayed on the screen. The device will not be able to measure temperature. The screen will automatically turn off after a set period of time. If the Power On/Measure button is pressed, the device will beep four times (no beeping if in silent mode).
※ The device will return to normal operating mode after it detects that a probe cover is properly installed.
(2) Probe warming is in progress
While the probe is warming up, the screen will display an ""
icon and “---℉”icon; no measurement can be taken during
this period. The screen will automatically turn off after a set period of time. If the Power On/Measure button is pressed, the device will beep four times (no beeping if in silent mode).
※ The device will enter normal operating mode after it is warmed up.
(3) Hardware malfunction
When this malfunction is detected, the device will not be usable, and the screen will automatically turn off within 30 seconds.
(4) Batteries depleted
When the low battery icon is shown on the screen, the device will cease to function, and the screen will turn off within 30 seconds.
4. Ear temperature measurement
Press the Power On/Measure button, and the thermometer will power on with a beep. When self-check starts, the screen will turn on, and the device will beep to signal the completion of self-check.
When the "---℉" icon appears on the screen, keep the patient's head steady and gently tug the ear to straighten the ear canal. Then place the probe into the ear canal and align towards the eardrum. Make sure the probe completely fills the ear canal.
※ When inserting the probe, the ear thermometer sensor should be aligned towards the eardrum. If the probe is not properly aligned, the measured temperature will be lower than the actual body temperature.
Methods of straightening the ear canal
Children under one year: Pull the ear straight back.
Children of one year or older and adults: Pull the ear up and back.
Press the "Power On/Measure" button to start the measurement. After the measurement is done, there will be a beep, and the result will be displayed on the screen.
(1) If the measurement is successful, the temperature value will
be displayed on the screen, and the ear thermometer will beep once.
(2) If the measurement fails, the screen will display " - - - ℉ " and beep 4 times. Common causes of measurement failures are:
a) The measurement position is wrong.
b) The ambient temperature is outside of the allowed
operating temperature range.
c) The target temperature exceeds the range
Repeat Step 3 above before shutting down the thermometer and trying to restart and measure again. Please follow the correct measurement method shown in step 2 when measuring.
After the temperature measurement is completed, the ear thermometer will automatically shut down in 15 seconds.
You can also press the "Power On/Measure" button for 2 seconds to manually turn off the thermometer.
※ If the thermometer is in silent mode, the buzzer will be off.
5. Silent mode
While the device is on, toggle the Mute/Unmute switch to turn the sound off/on.
6. Replacing batteries
1) Find the battery cover on the back of the device. Press down on the battery cover and slide the cover down to open the battery compartment.
2) Remove the old batteries.
3) Refer to the battery polarity symbols to orient the batteries properly. Make sure that the new batteries are tightly inserted into the battery compartment and that the polarity is not reversed during installation.
4) Replace the battery cover to close the battery compartment.
● Comply with relevant regional laws and regulations when disposing of the used batteries.
● Do not dispose of batteries directly into the trash.
● Remove the batteries if the device will not be used for more than one month.
● Do not touch the batteries and the patient at the same time while the device is in use.
● Do not throw batteries into fire.
7. Changing Temperature Unit
1) When the device is powered off, press and hold the measurement button for 8 seconds to enter unit switching mode. Your device is in unit switching mode when both the
"C" and "F" symbols are flashing at the same time.
2) While in unit switching mode, press the measurement button to toggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius. The symbol corresponding to the selected unit will flash.
3) After selecting the unit, press and hold the measurement button for 8 seconds to exit the unit switching mode.
Reminder: If you do not press and hold the measurement button for 8 seconds to confirm the unit selected before the screen switches off, the system will consider the switch as a failure and retain the original unit for temperature measurements.