The control solution contains a known quantity of glucose which reacts with the test strips and is used to check that your glucometer and test strips work properly together.
Test results with the control solution must be within the result range printed on the test strip vial.
It is recommended to perform a test with the control solution in the following cases:
- When first unpacking your glucometer
- Periodic inspection (recommended once a week)
- When opening a new vial of test strips.
- When the glucometer and/or test strips are not operating correctly
- When your blood glucose level read is not what you expected (according to your general condition / feeling) or you think the result is inaccurate
- After the tests trips have been exposed to extreme conditions (heat, cold, humidity)
- After dropping your glucometer or a shock
See Testing with control solution for more information.
Once opened, the control solution must be used within 90 days.