Setting the date and time (via smartphone)
The date and time of the iHealth Push blood pressure monitor are synchronized with your smartphone's date and time. The iHealth Push blood pressure monitor is set to the correct date and time when installed on your smartphone.
Afterward, if you need to update the date and time again, proceed as if you wanted to synchronize the measurements in memory.
- Place your smartphone near your blood pressure monitor (ensure Bluetooth is enabled on the smartphone).
- Open the iHealth MyVitals app and sign in to your account.
- Go to MENU > Blood pressure.
- Press the Memory M button on the blood pressure monitor to start the connection between the blood pressure monitor and your smartphone. The Bluetooth icon on the blood pressure monitor blinks. The Bluetooth icon on the blood pressure monitor is set when the connection is established. The date and time are updated, and the measurements stored in the blood pressure monitor automatically synchronize with your iHealth account.
Note - The blood pressure monitor's memory is reset to zero after synchronizing.
The date and time need to be set before the first use or when the battery is removed.
Setting the date and time (without a smartphone)
For unconnected use of the iHealth Push blood pressure monitor, here is how to manually set the date and time.
- Press and hold the START/STOP and Memory M buttons for 3 seconds to enter the date and time in the settings. The time format is displayed (24H or 12H).
- Press the Memory M button to change the time format.
- Press the START/STOP button to confirm and go to the following settings: Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minutes.
- At each step, press the Memory M button to increment the values and on the START/STOP button to confirm and go to the next setting.
- After setting the minutes, pressing the START/STOP button again lets you exit the date and time setting mode.