Preparation for a measurement
To ensure reliable measurements, please follow the precautions for use.
- Relax for 5 minutes before taking a measurement.
- Sit comfortably in a quiet place, feet flat on the floor, without crossing your legs.
- Place the device on your left wrist, with the screen side inside your wrist. See positioning of the blood pressure monitor and measure on the right wrist
- Position the device at heart height. You can do this by placing your elbow on a table and using the storage box to raise the device to heart height.
- Don't talk, and don't move for the entire measurement.
- Breathe normally.
- Press the START/STOP button
Note - You can interrupt the measurement at any time by pressing the START/STOP button on the blood pressure monitor.
The cuff inflates and deflates automatically. Once the measurement has been completed, the systolic and diastolic pressures, and the heart rate, are displayed on the screen.
An indicator of blood pressure level classification helps you to assess your blood pressure level according to the WHO (World Health Organization) classification. Consult your doctor for more information about your blood pressure level. Never change your medication without consulting your doctor.
Note - If an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) is detected during measurement, the blood pressure monitor will alert by displaying the icon at the bottom of the screen to the left of the heart rate value.
When an irregular heartbeat is detected, blood pressure measurement may be inaccurate. A new measurement is recommended. Learn more about detecting irregular heartbeat.
Saving in memory is automatic. The iHealth Push blood pressure monitor can store up to 99 measurements in memory. When the memory is full, the oldest measurements in memory are overwritten by the new measurements. To avoid data loss, remember to synchronise before the memory is full. Learn more about synchronising data in memory.
You can consult measurements saved in memory by pressing the Memory M button.
- The first press displays the number of measurements in memory followed by the average of the measurements in memory.
- Each subsequent press displays the measurements from most recent to oldest.
The blood pressure monitor turns off automatically after one minute to save the batteries. You can also press the START/STOP button to manually put it in standby mode.
To synchronise your measurements with your smartphone, you must download the iHealth MyVitals application on the App Store or Play Store, depending on your smartphone, and install your iHealth Push.
- Start the iHealth MyVitals app and sign in to your account.
- Place your phone near your blood pressure monitor.
- Start the iHealth MyVitals application on your smartphone (be sure Bluetooth is activated). Then go to MENU > Blood pressure.
- Press the Memory M button on the blood pressure monitor to start the connection between the blood pressure monitor and your smartphone. The Bluetooth icon on the blood pressure monitor blinks. The Bluetooth icon on the blood pressure monitor is set when the connection is established. The measurements stored in the blood pressure monitor automatically sync with your iHealth account.
Learn more about synchronising data.
Note - The blood pressure monitor's memory is reset to zero automatically after synchronizing the data
*credit to Sylvain of iHealth Labs EU