- Check that the thermometer lens is perfectly clean. If in doubt, clean it with a cotton swab lightly moistened with alcohol. After cleaning, wait 30 minutes before measuring again. (See iHealth PT2L - Lens Cleaning).
- Make sure the subject's forehead is free of sweat, cosmetics, dirt or excess oil before taking a measurement.
- Make sure the user and the thermometer are at the same room temperature for at least 30 minutes prior to measurement.
- Hold the thermometer in position throughout the measurement. Do not move the thermometer until you feel the vibration that signals the end of the measurement.
- Do not take a measurement during or immediately after breastfeeding a baby.
- Users should not drink, eat or be physically active 30 minutes before or during measurement.
- Remove anything that may cover the head (hat, bonnet, cap...) and wait 30 minutes before taking a measurement.
- Before taking a measurement, make sure the forehead is clean. Wait 30 minutes after cleaning the forehead before taking a measurement.
- Always take the temperature exactly as indicated. Temperature results may vary if measurements are not taken on exactly the same area of the forehead (in the center of the forehead).
*credit to Francis of iHealth Labs EU