Be sure to use the thermometer correctly each time. In the situations below, you must wait 30 minutes before testing:
- Check that the lens of the thermometer is perfectly clean. See iHealth PT2L - Cleaning the lens
- The user and the thermometer must be at the same room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- After using a wet glove or an ice bag to lower the fever, please dry the forehead and stay calm for about 30 minutes.
- Make sure the forehead is free of sweat, cosmetics, dirt, or oil before taking a measurement.
- Do not measure temperature on scar tissue as this will affect the conduction of body temperature.
- To ensure that your hair will not affect the surface temperature of your forehead, make sure that your forehead is free of hair for approximately 30 minutes before measuring.
- If there is a difference in temperature between the storage area of the thermometer and the room where the person you are going to measure the temperature is located, please allow the thermometer to stabilize at the temperature of that room for 30 minutes before taking the measurement.
- Do not measure body temperature after taking a medication that can increase body temperature. Temperature measurements taken at this time will not be accurate.
*credit to Tanguy of iHealth Labs EU