Make sure you use the thermometer correctly each time, in these situations below, you should wait for 30 minutes before testing:
- User and the thermometer should be in the same ambient temperature for at least 30 minutes
- After using fever a cooling patch or ice bag to cool down, please dry the forehead and stay calm around 30 minutes.
- Make sure the forehead of the subject is free from sweat, cosmetics, dirt, or grease before measuring.
- Do not measure body temperature from scar tissues on the forehead as such tissues will affect temperature conduction of the body.
- To make sure your hair will not affect the measurement, you should expose your forehead to the ambient temperature for around 30 minutes.
- If there is a temperature difference between the thermometer storage area and the new ambient environment around the subject, please let the thermometer sit within the new environment for 30 minutes before taking the measurement.
- Do not measure body temperature immediately after consuming a drug that raises body temperature. Temperature readings taken ta this time will not be accurate.
*credit to Sylvain of iHealth Labs EU