Several factors could influence the accuracy of the results obtained by a glucose meter, including:
- Improper hand washing or wet hands;
- Test strips deterioration due to improper storage or transportation;
- Expired test strips (to be used within 5 months after opening);
- The glucometer temperature at the time of measurement (outside 50° F - 104° F (10°C - 40°C);
- Ambient humidity outside the 10 - 80% RH range;
- Taking medicines or certain foods.
If none of the above could have led to the inaccurate measurement, it could also have been due to a defective test strip, which rarely happens. Please let us know if it happens again, and we will look into the warranty status of the strips and the device.